County Line Church is growing! We are currently seeking a full time Associate Pastor with a focus on youth. Please reference the job description below. Compensation is contingent on experience and education.
To apply send your resume along with a cover letter and three references to email@example.com.
In your cover letter please include:
- Whether you are in agreement with our doctrinal statement found here https://countylinecob.com/about-us/
- Your Philosophy of Theology
- Your results from a brief personality test. You can find a free one here https://www.
16personalities.com/ (it only takes 5-10 minutes)
Associate Pastor with a Focus on Youth
Youth Ministry Responsibilities
The primary focus of this position is to relationally minister and disciple the youth of County Line Church (grades 6-12; ages 12-18), both directly and through the volunteer team.
- Organize and direct weekly youth meeting(s), which are to include worship and teaching.
- Deliberately teach the Word.
- Provide quarterly special events for the youth each year (e.g., Rallies, Retreats, Conferences, Lock-Ins).
- Provide bi-monthly “small” events (e.g., Game Night, Movie Night).
- Intentionally build relationships with and be available to the youth and parents for questions and biblical counseling.
- Promote youth events to the entire congregation for all members to be aware of what the ministry is doing.
- Encourage the youth to participate in the large church events, individually or collectively where best suited (e.g., Easter, Christmas, Vacation Bible School).
- Visibly participate, and encourage youth to participate, in the life and worship of the congregation.
- Develop and train the adult volunteer team and student leaders.
- Organize and oversee all fundraiser events for the youth ministry.
- Develop and communicate the vision and mission for the youth ministry to the staff, church leaders, the congregation, and parents.
- Assist in promoting and communicating the vision and mission of County Line Church and agree with and adhere to its doctrinal statement.
Adult Ministry Responsibilities
The secondary focus of this position is the coordination of volunteer-led adult ministries, to help discern the movement of God and the needs of the church, and help oversee ministries and leaders accordingly.
- Assist others in assessing the ministry needs of County Line Church and develop systems to help people serve.
- Help people discover their spiritual gifts and natural talents and find opportunities to serve.
- Oversee an effective leadership development process for volunteer ministries.
- Keep appropriate attendance records.
- Ensure biblical doctrine is maintained in the adult teaching environments in the church.
- Recruit and train teachers for all adult ministry groups.
- Develop healthy relationships with ministry leaders and ensure they are well resourced to succeed in their groups.
- Work to ensure a cohesive and congruent discipleship plan across all ministries.
- Oversee the welcome team, guest follow up, and new members’ classes.
- Develop and assist County Line Church to help guests feel welcomed, take next steps, get connected in ministry groups, and engage in service.
- Ensure that church ministry information is current and well communicated.
The following are responsibilities of this position as a member of the broader County Line Church staff:
- Establish regular office hours with the Senior Pastor, and be available to County Line Church attendees during evening hours as appropriate.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in any area they may need.
- Keep an updated calendar of events and coordinate it with the main church calendar.
- Oversee the financial budget for the youth and adult ministries.
- Lead and attend scheduled youth and adult ministry team meetings.
- Work with the staff and volunteers when planning large church-wide events.
- Attend Staff meetings.
- Provide a written bi-monthly report for the Church Board.
- Attend Board and Commission meetings as needed.
- Provide written and verbal reports at the Spring and Fall Church Council Meetings.